Friday, October 24, 2014

Movie Review: A Nightmare Before Christmas



Ok, you have waited long enough, the first movie review.

I am going to start with one of my favorite movies of all time:  The Nightmare Before Christmas.  I have never done a ranking of my favorite movies for different genres (but maybe I should start), but Tim Burton’s classic may rank at the top of my favorite animated, musical, Halloween and Christmas movies.  By the way, is this movie a Christmas or Halloween movie?




What’s Good: Can I say everything?  I guess I will have to start with the music.  It is a little odd that I will be starting by saying the music.  This may be a bad president.  I am not a huge musical guy, but come on, how can you dislike the music?  Here is a Fiona Apple cover of one the classics:



What’s Not So Good:  The thing with any great movie is that it is often hard to criticize.  If I had to make one criticism, the love story between Sally and Jack was kind of weak.  It was a children’s movie, so it is hard to make it a true Sally and Harry story. 


Final Grade: A. I did not want to start with a bad grade.  This is the type of movie that gets an A.  Not everything will.  I promise.

@CowGoesMovie

No comments:

Post a Comment